Looking for an incredible, immunity boosting dinner that you can prep on your work from home lunch break or before the after school rush? We've got you covered.
Roast Pumpkin Soup
- Olive oil
- 1.5kgs butternut or kent pumpkin
- 1 chopped brown onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- 1 tbs finely grated tumeric
- 4 cups chicken stock
To serve (optional):
- Natural yoghurt
- Fresh mixed herbs
- Toasted pepitas
- Sour dough or cheesy pan bread
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line some baking trays with baking paper or resuable silicone baking sheets. Roughly chop pumpkin, skin on and you can include the seeds too if you like. Pop on the baking trays and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 1 hour or until pumpkin is soft and starts to caramelise.
- In the last 15 minutes of the bake heat some oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked pumpkin & any juices to the saucepan. Add stock and bring to a low simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the fresh ginger and turmeric and turn off the heat. Allow to cool and then blend, add a little water if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- Optional: When serving, add a spoonful of natural yoghurt, some herbs for flavour and some toasted pepitas for crunch. Devour with some buttery, cheese covered toast for extra deliciousness!