Shop with confidence
24 Dec 9:00am - 6:00pm
We're ensuring our centre is safe
This Christmas at Caneland Central we are committed to providing a safe shopping experience for our customers, staff and community, whilst also bringing the festivity and magic we all love at this time of year.
Throughout the year we have followed health advice to evolve our protocols and ensure we have remained open and trading to bring our customers the services they need.
Christmas can be a busy period at Caneland Central and our priority is to keep everyone in our centre safe. We are delighted to be bringing you most of the festive experiences you know and love, and you can be assured they will be delivered in a COVID-Safe manner.
We will be welcoming Santa in-centre from 2 November. To ensure the safety of staff and customers, online bookings to visit Santa are essential. Photos will look a little different this year with families sitting at a safe distance from Santa, although we promise it will still be fun and memorable. To learn more about Santa photography see here.
We’re extending our opening hours during the Christmas period to allow you to shop when it suits you and avoid the busier periods. We encourage you to start your shopping earlier this year, plan ahead and allow plenty of time for your shopping trip. To view our extended opening hours see here.
Here’s how we’re taking care of you
We’re committed to providing a safe shopping experience this Christmas and have the following safety measures in place:
- Frequently cleaning customer touch points
- Hiring additional security and cleaning staff
- Providing hand sanitiser stations through the centre
- Actively monitoring social distancing and limiting the number of customers in stores and lifts
- Displaying health and hygiene reminders throughout the centre
- Checking the temperature and health of centre management staff and Santa experience staff, before they start work each day
We continue to monitor the advice from the Australian Government and the Department of Health, to ensure our Centre and our practices evolve to reflect ongoing changes.
How you can help to shop safe
We all have a role to play in keeping each other safe. We ask that when shopping at Caneland Central you follow these simple guidelines.
- Keep a safe 1.5m distance between you and others
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Allow extra time for your shopping visit. You may need to queue outside your favourite stores (due to store capacity limits)
- Download the COVIDSafe app
- Stay at home if you’re unwell
- And if you can, wear a face covering
The health and wellbeing of our community is our priority. Thank you for making it yours too. We wish everyone in our community a safe and happy Christmas.